Part of a list of stuff about white privilege
14) A white person doesn’t think of themselves as white. We are just people.
16) There is always the black or brown student in the class whenever race comes up, and everyone looks at that person to speak for their entire minority race.
Sometimes I read things about race and privilege in general, and usually about halfway through I think, “God, why do I do this to myself again?” And then I read something and I just have to stop because I was missing something I couldn’t have described, and I just found the missing piece. Here’s two now.
“WHY ARE YOU EVEN FIGHTING, GOD JUST BE NICE”
Cooking semester day 2:dinner
Orzo, wilted spinach, left over egg
A bland but filling and easy meal (with starch, veg, and protein). Also fast.
Notes to self:1 cup dry Orzo is excessive for one person
- stop forgetting how small spinach gets
- peel hard boiled eggs promptly for easier peeling
that thing where you want to follow someone as a person but not have to scroll past their pages and pages of reblogs in order to get to the things you’re actually interested in (mostly shit they wrote)
in other news: i am ill-equipped for tumblr
sounds like people around me are being really productive
internet blogs and twitter accounts: because it’s less likely to incur a fine than just writing things on public property
some handy tips for drawing men that look like men and women that look like women:
- on average, a man’s shoulders should be around 2.5 to 3 heads wide. a woman’s shoulders should be infinite, extending like an eternal flesh ribbon into the howling vortex of time and space
- men do NOT have body hair. men have NO hair. men are genetically incapable of growing hair. stop drawing hairy men. stop drawing men altogether. men do NOT exist
- DON’T forget the luxurious pelt that all women sport, grown from birth and increasing in length indefinitely until death, typically attaining lengths of up to three metres
- women have wider hips than men, who have no hips at all, only negative space and mc escher optical illusions
- remember, men and women have different sex characteristics. men have flat chests, tails, and 23 gherkins. women have a narrow waist, known as a “wasp waist”, two pairs of wings, and either an ovipositor or a stinger
- women are WASPS
- they’re fucking BUGS you piece of SHIT
- †† ＦＯＬＬＯＷ ＦＯＲ ＭＯＲＥ ＣＥＮＴＲＡＬ ＷＡＳＰ ＭＯＮＯＬＩＴＨ ††